Lettera 22 - Grand Piano

 

This one was supposed to be a #personal-rip post. I bought this tape (togheter with the 'General Tempo' LP) in 2017~2018, but it never arrived. Many such cases... But I don't blame anyone, not the label, not the reseller, but whoever was in charge of delivering it; it simply "got lost". I'm telling you all this because I have this little weird policy, I created for this blog, to not share many recent releases, unless I personally own it. Technically, I own this one, it just never arrived... Luckly, some good soul ripped it and made it available, and it was pretty recently, as far as I know.

Anyway, This is Letterra 22, one of my absolutely favorite Noise projects. 'Grand Piano' is a short EP, showcasing their more, let's say, "tame" side. Light on blasts of distortion and feedback, this is mostly a masterfully crafted sound collage of various sources, icluding many field recordings and all sorts of manipulated sounds, making full use of the stereo spectrum. It's a thick and dense atmosphere, always keeping you on your toes, never knowing what to expect next, akin to a good Horror movie that doesn't relies only on gore and jump scares. And as soon as it begins, it just suddenly ends. A great entry point for their discography, which I recommend all of it. Check it





Comments